Sr Industrial IoT Ecosystem & Partnerships ManagerAPPLY NOW
Sr Industrial IoT Ecosystem & Partnerships Manager
The IoT Ecosystem, Innovation and Strategic Partnerships team is responsible for world-class business development and partnership development to enable rapid innovation and growth for T-Mobile’s IoT (Internet of Things) business. IoT is a key strategic pillar within T-Mobile and partnerships are a core component of how T-Mobile is capitalizing on our brand and business momentum. As our aspirations as the Un-carrier continue to expand, so do our opportunities to drive meaningful engagement with a host of top-tier and emerging partners.
The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional who can identify and engage potential partners and support them through the review and approval process, whilst working closely with the various cross functional teams who contribute to the process. The role will need to have a working knowledge of the evolving IOT space, its segments and participants. With this in mind, the Sr Industrial IoT Ecosystem & Strategic Partnerships Manager will:
- Create new and expand existing strategic partnerships with IoT solution providers.
- Cultivate new business opportunities with emerging partners.
- Contribute to T-Mobile’s goal of driving revenue and brand fame through innovative partnerships.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the organization to identify and drive critical business opportunities.
- Research, analyze, and partner with peers to build business cases for ideas and prospects.
- Drive TMUS management to pursue the most meaningful partnership opportunities.
- Structure and drive strategic partnerships and new business relationships including development of key economic, business, and operational terms; negotiate and execute contracts with these partnerships; and manage their evolution
- Develop and manage pipeline of companies and solutions within targeted IoT ecosystems and maintain industry view of “best of breed” solutions, technology, and initiatives.
- Onboard and manage partners through commercial terms and operational delivery
- Scope and execute pilot and proof of concept projects
- Work across internal stakeholder teams to scale and grow partner relationships
- Develop and/or respond to RFP, RFI and proposal cycles
- Work as “center of excellence” for partner and solution categories across internal teams
- Develop and execute customized account strategies, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share from each partner
- Continuously improve the program certification, approval and delivery process working with cross functional teams to ensure partner focused excellence.
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership
- Implement short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and client teams
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic partners
- Continuously review client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the partner’s business objectives are met as well as grow the T-Mobile business
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership by working collaboratively with Enterprise IT, business leadership, and internal and key external partners to align all parties, and define and deliver product vision.
- Develop short- and long-term vision, strategy and planning for the growth and evolution of strategic partnerships.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- Exceptionally strong strategic, industry, and financial/economic analysis skills. Solid Excel financial modeling skills
- Ability to analyze and model market data for development of specific strategies, goals and tactics
- Keen and broad business acumen – understanding of a wide range of business models
- 8+ years of business development, alliance management, and/or strategic sales experience with financial/economic analysis preferably in consumer-focused wireless, high-tech (software, internet/new media, entertainment/content, etc.) or consumer electronics industries, or with wireless industry OEMs
- Results-orientation, strong accountability
- Experience in negotiating complete complex contracts/exhibits, RFP and RFI responses, co-marketing agreements, and related documentation and collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including CEO-level PowerPoint presentation
- Strong executive presence
- Ability to manage multiple term sheet and contracting processes, leveraging internal and external counsel
- Experience leading business case modeling for complex >$100M/year deals
- Sound technical foundation – understanding of key wireless and internet technologies, and understanding of wireless telecom network and OSS/BSS technologies
- Strong cross-functional experience with engineering, operations, finance, product development, marketing, and other business groups
- 10+ years of business development, alliance management, and/or strategic sales experience with financial/economic analysis preferably in consumer-focused wireless, high-tech (software, internet/new media, entertainment/content, etc.) or consumer electronics industries, or with wireless industry OEMs
- Expert presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to lead in a complex matrixed environment without direct authority (aka “lead via influence”) and successfully lead and coach junior team members to execute with excellence and strong results
- Experience as analyst or engagement manager for top tier management consulting firm
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An inspirational leader who has the ability to build a strong network across an organization that is experiencing rapid growth
- Confident in interacting with and influencing senior leaders; ability to analyze data, synthesize and present results to senior executives
- Comfortable building and evolving productive relationships with stakeholders at key partner companies
- Smart and innovative; thinks outside the box
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities demanding both rigorous attention to detail and high level comprehensive solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Resilient to change and thrives in a fast paced, ever evolving environment
- Ability to gather and drive requirements, and conceptually transfer requirements into solutions that drive revenue growth
- Strong decision-making skills, utilizing data to inform decisions and identify financial impact
- Credible with the business
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
"One of the BEST places to work!!"
Former Business Account Executive B2B in Kansas City, MO
Very exciting industry to be a part of the wireless industry that is changing the way wireless is done!!
Can't think of any! If you work hard, you'll make really good money!!
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work! You're employees are happy ones!
Current Account Executive in Concord, CA
Rewarding. You get what you put in . It's simple and when it comes down to it your accountable for your results
None it's what you put in . It's not for people who aren't self motivated
Advice to Management
On board process needs to be improved
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.