Communications ManagerAPPLY NOW
The Communications Manager position is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment directly supporting executives in Digital Technology & Development (DTD) at T-Mobile. This position is responsible for creating and distributing messages related to T-Mobile’s business and participates in the planning, development, and execution of DTD’s communications program. This position will work across teams and departments, focused primarily on internal communication campaigns, external executive presentations, employee events, and social media brand management.
This position also acts as an advisor on communications and change management for DTD executives, interacting with internal stakeholders, external partners, and is responsible for realization of the communication programs goals and objectives.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in oral & written communication, customer focus, change & innovation, strategic & forward thinking, flexibility, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus, and inspirational leadership.
- Business Partnership: Serves as a business partner and provides communications counsel including coaching and feedback to develop management communications skills; drafts and edits speeches, presentations, and e-mail; scripts, edits and produces videos, in alignment with the corporate values. Becomes knowledgeable about the specific focus area of business in order to help implement client’s operations and make recommendations to management, clarifies client leadership communications requirements and coordinates service delivery. Oversees positive client relationships.
- Internal Communications: Develops and implements cohesive internal employee communications campaigns that reinforce messages throughout the layers of the organization and makes sense as part of the larger narrative and aligned with our business objectives. Ensures timely and effective implementation of integrated communications to support business priorities and future success, applying masterful narrative craftsmanship to our internal storytelling through words, pictures, and graphics. Develops and implements communications messages that will amplify our customer focus, our values, and other core themes that reinforce our unique ways of thinking and acting at T-Mobile.
- Team & Employee Events: Plan and execute events for the department including large all-hands meetings, leadership offsite planning meetings, and fun events to recognize the accomplishments of our high-performing teams.
- 5+ years ideating, developing, and executing communication content, campaigns, and programs in an agency or corporate environment.
- 5+ years working in a fast paced, high-volume Marketing, Communications, and/or Public Relations function for a large corporation or agency; strong cross functional partnership experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for multiple medias including newspaper, magazine, website and corporate communications
- Strong presentation skills including experience as a lead spokesperson
- Understanding of the digital space.
- Experience working with and counseling senior-level and executive leadership.
- Proven exceptional judgment, professional maturity, and discretion.
- Vigilant attention to detail.
- Experience supporting change management initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with a history of anticipating issues and taking proactive action to develop and implement an appropriate response plan.
- Comfortable managing multiple, competing priorities and able to deliver results under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient using MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and familiar with various digital tools and emerging technologies
- Core Competencies: Writing, Editing, Oral, Integrated Communications, Primary/Secondary Research, Crisis Management, Leadership Presence
- 2-3 years experience working in a fast-paced, high volume Social Media environment, ideally for a large corporate or agency.
- Sophisticated knowledge – theory and practice – of community management, particularly on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
- Proven track record of successfully managing communication strategy for executives (VP, SVP, EVP, etc.) and confidence to share opinions and suggest improvements to executives.
- Experience in developing and leading communications strategy for dynamic organizations that have experienced significant change (e.g. change in response to market conditions, regulatory environment, competition, etc.).
- Telecommunications industry and cross-cultural experience; background in consumer technology; experience with frontline audiences
- Contributing to high performing teams
- Public relations expertise including broad experience in areas such as media, community, investor and government relations in connection with issues management, crisis management, product publicity, and reputation management.
- Communications Consulting, Communications Strategy, Communications Planning, Agency/Vendor Management, Budget Management, Measurement, Brand Governance, Event Management, Visual Communications, Media Relations, Issues Management, Product Publicity, Graphic Design
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.