Tax Manager / Sr Tax Manager - State Income TaxAPPLY NOW
Tax Manager / Sr Tax Manager
This opening could be hired at either level
The State Income Tax Manager / Senior Manager is an integral role within the Income Tax function of T-Mobile’s Tax Department. Responsibilities primarily include state income tax compliance, forecasting, audits, technical state income tax research and planning, state reporting for US GAAP & IFRS tax accounting, and other special projects.
- Manage and review state income tax compliance
- Prepare and/or review state aspects of quarterly US GAAP and IFRS tax provisions
- Strategically manage state income/franchise tax audits, assessments and appeals
- Identify, analyze and implement state income tax planning strategies
- Prepare and/or review projections of state tax income and liability (for use in tax reporting, cash flow management and tax planning)
- Monitor and evaluate emerging state tax legislative, litigation and policy issues for impacts to the company
- Identify and evaluate FAS5 and FIN48 exposure items.
- Research, analyze & compose technical memoranda on state income tax issues, enacted law changes, emerging legislative/policy developments and exposure items
- Manage SOX 404 documentation and procedures as assigned
- Lead process improvements and/or technology implementation projects
- Special projects relating to tax planning and reporting, further automation of tax processes and other projects, as assigned, relating to tax and business initiatives
- Cross team collaboration with internal & external business partners and advisors
- 10+ years income tax experience in a multi-state environment with emphasis on tax compliance, tax accounting, tax technical research and preparation of technical memoranda, and business combinations
- Corporate, partnership and LLC tax experience
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Highly motivated individual with demonstrated understanding of complex tax concepts
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while working well under pressure (high risk responsibilities with tight deadlines)
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups and senior executives (including but not limited to VPs, Directors, Deutsche Telekom personnel, tax and financial auditors, consultants, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate complex technical tax issues clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in tax research tools, tax return preparation software, and Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- BA/BS Degree in accounting required
- Masters Degree in Tax and CPA certification preferred
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.