Business Analysis Manager - Data ScienceAPPLY NOW
Business Analysis Manager
The Outside Collections & Bankruptcy (OCB) Analytics team provides support to the department through reporting and analytics of outside collection vendors’ performance, write-off account analysis and recoverability forecasting, portfolio analysis to understand future areas of opportunity, and vendor compensation optimization. In addition, this team also serves to provide the department with analytical resources needed to enable quality, data-driven decision making.
The OCB team is looking for an experienced Business Analysis Manager to provide consultative expertise in the areas of financial analysis, statistics, business case development, and reporting. This role will require maintaining close working relationship with both internal partners and external vendors to better understand the analytical challenges of the department, provide innovative and insightful solutions to increase portfolio liquidation, provide ad-hoc analytical support, and to help craft sustainable, quality metrics around agency performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ad-hoc analysis of department specific challenges including independent data extraction, core analysis of the problem, presentation of findings, and implementation of resulting reporting/data collection requirements
- Perform portfolio deep dives to find opportunities for new initiatives that help drive department revenue
- Utilize data obtained from agencies and outside sources to optimize commission rates and operational performance of the portfolio
- Examine and challenge core assumptions in financial models, introduce rational methodologies, and deliver timely and accurate forecasting
- Understand key performance drivers to uncover risks and opportunities and proactively recommend changes to department operations
- Create executive level presentations to present complex analysis in a clear and concise manner
- 7+ years of experience in analytical roles
- Bachelor’s degree (data science, finance, economics, mathematics etc.) or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of analytical concepts and techniques including: forecasting, modeling, cost-benefit analysis, variance analysis, sensitivity analysis, predictive analytics, what-if scenarios, optimization, decision trees, performance metrics and scoring
- Comfort in extracting, consolidating, and analyzing large sets of data
- Proficient with SQL, Excel (VBA, charting, etc.), Tableau and/or other data visualization tools
- Advanced statistical knowledge with experience utilizing statistical software such as R, SAS, etc.
- Innovative thinker that employs creative approaches to problem-solving
- Self-starter with ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present information at all levels of the organization and convey analytical concepts to a non-analytical audience
- Wireless industry experience preferred
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.