Sr Engineer, Systems ArchitectureAPPLY NOW
Sr Engineer, Systems Architecture
The System Architecture Engineer’s role is to develop and evolve technical network and service architectures and design strategies to maintain, enhance, and evolve the T-Mobile Technology portfolio. Specific tasks may include the creation, adaption, or revision of detailed schematics of network and service architecture, hardware and software selections, and implementation techniques and processes. May be required to perform, evaluate, or interpret network simulation, test results, or leading edge technology studies. Technical documentation and presentation skills are required in order to translate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Influence and drive industry forums. Works on technical assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions. Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to lead and deliver complex network and service architecture, design strategies and standards. Deep understanding of the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete design work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Ability to translate complex technical issues in terms of business impact and business benefits.
- Technical Engineering Services: Drives engineering projects by active contribution to the application of engineering techniques; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate and base level engineers as needed. Develops procedures and processes to validate and enhance and optimize network architecture. Creates appropriate validation tests and inspection techniques and effectively documents results. Able to prepare executive summaries of activities and clearly communicate areas of opportunity.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve an existing and new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing architecture, design strategies, standards, and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives. Seeks opportunities to improve designs, processes, or product by reducing cost, improving efficiency, or quality. Proactively contributes during brainstorming sessions. Drives investigations, leading to new technology concepts that may solve business problems.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how technology works. Contributes clear documentation on multiple systems and services used. Able to document systems architecture, design strategies, standards, business requirements and technical interpretation. Develops and provides technical data for incorporation into internal presentations that may translate technical issues into business impact.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions. Influence technology and policy decisions made across the appropriate functional organization around architecture, design strategies and standards. Drives lab and field trial activities in support of Proof of Concept.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals. Evaluates technologies and proposes technology position for the company within own VP organization.
- 5+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other repetitive use of hands.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 43 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Senior Technician in Rowlett, TX
Laid back, easy going, very relaxed and opportunities for advancement and career enhancement if the individual applies him/herself. They INSIST on a healthy work-life balance. And the CEO is entertaining and has done amazing things for the company.
They really like to promote from within, which is great, if you're "in", but it can be incredibly difficult to get in. Pay can be a little on the low end of the scale, but benefits are great.
Advice to Management
Make sure that everyone on the teams are pulling their share of the weight; policies come out because of the intermittent 'bad apple'
"Fun, Exciting, Big Company"
Current Business Analyst in Bellevue, WA
There are many good reasons to work for T-Mobile. Discounted phone bill, discount towards accessories, and good benefits package to name a few. The company is growing and will soon be in the hunt for the top spot in the telecommunication world.
Just like other large corporate environments, its not what you know its who you know in order to advance your career further. Pay is fair could be better.
Advice to Management
Stop managing and be leaders! Listen to your employees, be proactive in identifying issues rather than ignoring them.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.