Corporate Strategy Manager, FinanceAPPLY NOW
As America’s Un-carrier™, T-Mobile US (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. We operate our flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS, and offer simplicity and “no surprises” to our wireless subscribers.
We’re breaking the rules of wireless and even after 3+ years of unprecedented growth, we’re just getting started. Join our revolution to change the wireless industry for good. We aren’t afraid to break the rules, and we have fun doing it!
We’re hiring in Corporate Strategy & Analytics (CS&A). Join a high profile team of outside-the-box thinkers who bring unrivaled analytic horsepower and strategic thinking to T-Mobile’s business. We’re charged with understanding the business as a whole to define and implement the evolution of our Un-carrier strategy and creating tremendous impact across every function and line of business by delivering actionable operational and strategic insights to the senior most leaders in the company. We are a team of collegial, non-hierarchical problem solvers with deep relationships and influence throughout the organization and report to the Chief Strategy Officer of T-Mobile USA. This is the team responsible for launching some of the most defining initiatives in the wireless industry – from Simple Global to Binge On – and will continue to play an integral part in our innovations to come. This is a job for fearless individuals who want to be part of T-Mobile’s Un-carrier revolution, bringing disruption the wireless industr
You will be a Manager in CS&A, a position that requires strategic and analytic thinking, the ability to influence team members and executives cross-functionally, and an appetite for change and innovation. You will have the opportunity to own your own independent workstreams.
- Partner with cross functional teams and leaders to drive critical decisions and change. Work closely with key business leaders across the company to understand critical issues and navigate change within a large organization
- Provide the analytical horsepower. Tackle ambiguous and complex analytical problems, requiring analysis beyond what’s necessary for day-to-day operations
- Empower decision making for business leaders. Uncover critical business insights that impact key decisions. Create decision models that perform sensitivity analysis across a range of options
- Synthesize findings and make concrete recommendations. Translate insights and concepts to actionable recommendations
- Build a story out of the numbers. Craft a strategic story and present complex analytical findings in a clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner
- Drive consensus across the organization. Work cooperatively with cross functional teams, expanding involvement and building buy-in
- Fearless “Un-carrier” spirit. You possess a relentless appetite to drive change and aren’t bound by the “status quo”
- Rock-star problem solver. You can identify the key issues that impact business decisions and are equipped with superior analytical skills including the ability to build models (typically in Excel) to drive insights
- Modeling Genius. You have experience building complex financial business models from scratch and feel comfortable tackling modeling assignments with limited oversight
- Structured thinker. You can frame and bring structure to complex and ambiguous analytical problems
- Magenta team player. You have experience collaborating with cross functional teams, and want to bring that experience to the cutting edge of wireless
- Change agent. You have both the empathy and communication skills necessary to drive collaboration, motivate and influence key business leaders and peers
- Clear communicator. You can synthesize analysis into succinct, executive-ready communications
- Independent doer. You desire a high level of responsibility and have the ability to work with minimal supervision. You are comfortable working in a high-intensity environment
- Preferred experience (but not required):
- 1-2 years of investment banking experience
- Some level of familiarity with tech, telecommunications, or consumer businesses
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Math or Economics
- Track record demonstrating a high level of achievement
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.