Communications Manager, Media RelationsAPPLY NOW
T-Mobile is the nation’s Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company, thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and breaking from tired industry norms. This company is changing wireless for good and preaching the word to let customers far and wide know that we won’t stop!
We’re a tight knit team of a fierce few fighting hard against infinitely better resourced competitors to change wireless for good. The way we make news is in line with how we approach doing business - we set our own rules, move fast, aim to be unpredictable, are transparent and don’t put up with BS. Like our style? We’re looking for a new media relations ninja to join us!
The PR Manager, Communications – Media Relations will work alongside a kick-ass team of PR pros and leaders to amplify the Un-carrier strategy through a solid media strategy and approach that results in placements in national media, specifically those publications that focus on the wireless industry. Each day you’ll focus on finding new ways to create a steady drumbeat of news and top stories in all the places people read about all the ways T-Mobile is changing wireless.
You’ll come to T-Mobile with an existing cadre of rock solid media relationships and you’ll have bold ideas about how to grow that list. You’ll know how to develop smart, tailored media plans (on the fly!), dream up and sell in unique story concepts, develop and manage reporter relationships and solve problems real time. And when we need you, you’ll be willing to pinch hit on a wide variety of projects for the team and in lock-step with our agency resources.
Essentially, you should be a multi-talented badass and natural leader and collaborator with no ego, a hunger to learn and an unquenchable desire to beat up the competition while doing great, memorable, epicly awesome things.
· Consult with and educate business leaders at all levels on media relations strategy and results.
· Provide leadership and guidance to team members and agency resources to drive alignment and results.
· Own, create and cultivate national media and influencer relationships, including influencers that have not typically covered T-Mobile.
· Develop plan for landing stead drumbeat of top stories, positioning T-Mobile as an industry leader.
· Monitor and track industry media outreach and coverage trends.
· Be seen as an expert, always coming to the table with a unique, informed POV.
· Assist in the execution of PR events and media relations activities.
· Jump in on projects where the team needs additional support without needing weeks to get up to speed.
· Strong (and current) national media and influencer relationships and experience.
· Understanding of consumer technology and wireless technologies.
· Demonstrated strong organizational skills
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to partner across the company and with different teams.
· Understanding of social media’s impact on media relations.
· Proficient using MS Office.
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· Strong writing and editing skills – attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
· Urgency and flexibility.
· Calm under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; you have to be able to think on your feet and pivot on a dime.
- Ability to work independently but knows when to bring relevant and timely updates to the forefront at the right time.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; a self-starter who takes initiative rather than waiting for direction; general ass-kicker.
- Works well with others whether leading or contributing to a project.
- Ensures productivity is maximized and quality is delivered.
- Excellent follow-through skills – you do what you say you’ll do and dot the i’s.
- Positive interpersonal and communication skills, critical thinking, upbeat attitude, high integrity, persistence and personal initiative all are required.
- Ready and willing to adapt to the possibility of uncertainty, new territory and change every day.
WE EVEN DO BENEFITS DIFFERENTLY
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
PAID R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
SWEET COMPANY DISCOUNTS
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
HELP WITH THE FAM
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?APPLY NOW
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
“The most amazing company ever!”
Current Field Sales Recruiter in Waterville, ME
Ability to think outside the box and bring your own personal best to your career. Tons of communication and flexible to change with customers and employees needs. Fun, fast pace, fantastic people!
We move very fast, you have to be able to roll with it and be excited by change. Thing are not always flawless, but there is tons of support as we grow and change.
Advice to Management
John is the best CEO! Keep communicating, keep things fun, let's be number one!
“Great Work & Great People!”
Current Diversity & Inclusion Field Program Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Culture, leadership, growth, flexibility, & benefits
None, I love it! I can't think of any right now.
“One of the best jobs I’ve ever had”
Former Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Managers (at least mine) actually listened to and advocated for their employees. Great pay. Nice perks. Good culture -- people didn't seem miserable.
As with any big company, can take a while for things to get done. Lots of layers, etc. But definitely moves faster than other big companies I've worked for.
Advice to Management
Don't advance those mid- to senior mgrs who just go through the motions. Do more to keep smart, talented people on board.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.