Director, Internal CommunicationsApply now
The Director, Internal Communications is a high-profile leader who will drive T-Mobile’s internal communications that educate, engage, inspire and build passion amongst our 55K employees. We are a people-focused technology company and our employees are passionate about helping others. In this role, you will own strategic, targeted campaigns that are meaningful, effective, entertaining, bold and push the envelope in the Un-carrier style. As T-Mobile continues to grow, transform, and innovate, this key leader will instill marketing rigor into the team, adopting a “marketing campaign” approach that ladders up to the larger Un-carrier narrative and drives business success. Ideally, this Director is smartly strategic, wildly creative, has a passion for helping others and will develop a high-performing team of 18, owning all internal communications end to end.
- Develop innovative strategies to deliver effective and engaging employee communications to a fragmented workforce that includes field-based Retail and Care plus centralized HQ teams.
- Build, inspire and lead the team – a mix of long-time T-Mobilers, newbies and open roles -- to high levels of performance delivering world class employee campaigns.
- Work directly with senior-executive business stakeholders to develop key internal communications plans.
- Effectively present and pitch ideas to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Amplify T-Mobile’s customer focus, values, and other core themes that reinforce unique ways of thinking and acting. Challenge norms with big ideas that capture and amplify T-Mobile’s spirit.
- Leverage employee media channels and drive content where employees engage the most. Help shape the future channels.
- Voice the key tenets of T-Mobile and continually engage a passionate employee base through effective storytelling, fun, creative messaging, experiential events, and big, bold, attention-grabbing, action-inspiring executions yet to be imagined.
- Serve as center of gravity across departments, ensuring consistency and standards for communications reaching internal audiences. Create compelling content and campaigns, delivered across a variety of channels (including live events, digital, print, etc.).
- Lead as key point person for communications efforts for corporate-wide projects/initiatives, including Un-carrier moves. Effectively extend what Marketing is delivering to the external market to our internal audience, engaging and activating everyone in the broader story.
- Manage and participate in the planning of high-profile company meetings and special events, including the preparation of runs-of-show, key messages, talking points, swag, and all-related materials.
- Develop programs and facilitate cross-departmental learning, understanding and knowledge-sharing.
- Proactively identify new opportunities and develop programs to continually up-level our internal communications initiatives.
- Establish team best practices and tools for communications protocol to include schedules/calendars, timelines, events, announcements and accountabilities.
- Manage annual budgeting process and ongoing budget management and review.
- Participate as active member of the Corporate Communications team shaping the future of the org and working on ad-hoc projects, as necessary.
- 3+ years in Communications within a large corporate structure. Experience with internal communications for a Retail or Care frontline population is ideal.
- A transformational leader with experience developing and executing employee- or customer-focused campaigns activated across many channels.
- Possesses a marketing mindset; applies marketing discipline and the rigor of campaign execution to communications strategies.
- Proven ability to build, lead, develop and nurture high-performing teams.
- Experience developing and leading communications strategy for dynamic organizations that have experienced significant change (such as change in response to market conditions, regulatory environment, competition, etc.).
- Proven ability to communicate plans across a matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis.
- Must have exceptional writing abilities and presentation skills; able to effectively communicate around complex topics for a diverse set of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Understanding of new digital technologies and applications; familiar with a mobile-first approach.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An inspirational leader; has a passion for building, developing and motivating teams, has high standards and coaches the team to meet them, and has a crazy fun time along the way!
- Builds strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals; partners well and brings people along. Able to build trust and confidently interact with executives.
- Measures everything, always. Finds and leverages metrics & analytics and asks the right questions.
- Agile, unflappable and ready to respond fast and confident with a clear point of view under very high-stress situations.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude; does whatever it takes. Excellent follow-through skills with a high sense of urgency and an eye for bar-raising even under pressure.
- A self-starter; takes initiative rather than waiting for direction.
- Strives to understand the business and its key drivers.
- Keenly curious about what works and why with an eye towards improvement.
- Exceptional storytelling and creative skills; track record of rolling out beautiful, high-quality deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail and results oriented.
- Ambitious and driven to succeed; entrepreneurial.
- Challenges the status quo; smart and innovative.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Solid business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Prefers and thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation.
We even do benefits differently.
Medical, dental, and vision are just the start. We also offer health pro consultants, flexible spending accounts, and more.
Paid R & R
Kick back with paid time off. We want you to have flexibility, convenience, and control over how you recharge.
It's all about you
We've ditched old-school performance reviews for a tailored approach to career health that includes training for better career and leadership skills.
Sweet company discounts
Naturally, we offer steep discounts on our consumer rate plans and all the fantastic accessories we carry.
Help with the fam
Kids rock. But child care, adoption, and surrogacy aren’t cheap. We offer programs that help reduce those burdens.
Options include a 401(k) plan, an annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives you the chance to grab T-Mobile stock at a discount.
ARE YOU A GOOD FIT FOR OUR TEAM?Apply now
What's it like to work at T-Mobile?Find out
Current Network Engineering Intern in
This company loves and takes care of its employees. The intern program was super rewarding, with lots of fun events to balance out the tons of interesting and rewarding work experience. Fast paced, interesting challenges, great teams -- I'm very glad I landed here this summer.
Might be more autonomy than you're used to. Individual responsibility takes precedence here, over having everything micro-managed for you. I personally think that's a nice thing.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.